Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008--Year in Review



I don't know about you, but I always love the beginning of a new year. Each year when I transfer my information from my old planner to the new, I go over my resolutions from the past year and make new goals for the new one. Of course there are always resolutions that went out the window the second week in January . . . BUT, I am so proud that in 2008 I kept one of my major resolutions and during the past 12 months I have lost 60 pounds!!

I can't even count the number of times I have tried to lose weight in the past--I have tried off and on since I was 12 years old. I have lost and gained, lost and gained, struggled, cried, planned, starved, binged and "dieted" FOREVER!

This time it was different.

I turned 30 in 2008 and I just knew it was my year. I wasn't going to let anything stop me from reaching my goal. And I didn't.

I joined Weight Watchers on Feb. 16, the day after my birthday, and I have missed only one meeting (we were in St. John, USVI) since then.

I struggled with the same five pounds for almost 8 weeks during the summer, but I kept going back.

I have gained several times, once a pattern of every other week almost made me crazy, but I kept going back.

I have lost and gained, lost and gained, struggled, cried, and planned, but I have not starved, binged or "dieted"!

And I kept going back.


Last weeks weigh-in was a day-after-Christmas present with a loss of 3.2! Don't mistake me for a super hero of self-discipline, though . . . I had the stomach flu all week long, so the holiday treats weren't nearly as tempting as usual. I have fallen off the wagon this week and let some of my tracking slide, so I'm definitely not expecting a loss at weigh-in tomorrow. I'm hoping for only a small gain that I can get under control quickly next week.

I am getting closer to my weight goal, only 17 pounds to go!

Here is the past year in pictures:


January 2008 -- Ben got out the saws-all to chop up a ham bone last year. I hated this picture at the time, but now I can appreciate the humor in it! Me at my heaviest.


February 2008 -- Ben's Airman Leadership School graduation.


June 2008 -- Me and Sammy


July 2008 -- Family vacation to Utah


August 2008


September 2008


October 2008 -- At the pumpkin patch


December 21, 2008 -- Sammy's first birthday


December 2008 -- lowest weight since 2002

9 comments:

Juliette said...

Way to go, Luella! I'm impressed! You're looking good and you must FEEL better, too.

As for me, I've only lost ten pounds this year but that's because I have a medical condition that makes weight loss really, really tough.

Keep going, you're doing great!

Jamie said...

Yay! I am so excited for you. What a difference a year can make, huh?! Nice job sticking with it!

Shalei said...

You look so beautiful!!! I love reading your blog! You're such an inspiration to me. Love ya.

Lisa said...

You look great! Way to stick with it I always knew that you were a strong willed person!

Jeannie Young said...

You look so great! Wow! Only 17 lbs to go to your goal, that is so awesome!! You and Ben make a very handsome couple.

Kelly said...

I am completely unoriginal, I know, but you really look good. (I bet you don't get tired of hearing that though, huh). Good job.

Winn Family said...

You are so so so cute! I love all those pictures (laughed lots at the first one-- he he!) And ya--we're thinking we're going to get a trampoline--do you like your's? What kind did you get?

Micaela said...

You look terrific, Luella! What an awesome accomplishment!

TerriLyn said...

You look like a hot mama! Way to go Luella. You are awesome. Keep up the good work. I'm gearing up to loose some weight too soon. We're expecting our second baby at the end of the month and I really want to loose all this prego weight soon...You're an inspiration to me!