Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Year

Back in February, I turned 30 and I decided that this was MY YEAR. The year that I will finally get control of my weight and take back the power that food seems to have over me. The day after my birthday I walked into Weight Watchers and I've been back every week since then.
On Friday I met my first goal: 10% of my starting weight! I had lost ten pounds before I joined WW, so that's a total loss of 33.8 lbs. I thought several times about starting a weight loss blog, but I was kind of embarrassed... it has taken me four months to get over the embarrassment and to realize that there's nothing embarrassing about wanting to be healthy, wanting to be a good example for my kids, and just plain wanting to look good!
I've always had the mind set that I can lose weight completely on my own, that I don't need to tell anyone that I'm trying to lose weight... and all of this with the thought in the back of my mind that if I fail, then no one will ever have to know. Not this time. I have been very open from the beginning, even with people whom I don't think will understand, and you know what? Just about every single person I've told has been super supportive! I had a lot of fears for nothing.
My number one supporter is my husband Ben. He has been behind me 100% since day one. He even started counting points with me, just to make me feel like I wasn't alone in this. We've tried to really make it a permanent change, finding new lower-fat, lower-calorie recipes for the whole family.

I will do this, and this time it will be forever. This is my year.

No comments: