Monday, November 17, 2008

I beat the chocolate!

My weigh-in on Friday went VERY well! I knew I would have a loss because I had a good week, but I didn't expect 2.8 lbs! It was awesome! I got clapped for again and I got another 5-lb star to put on my bookmark. Ever since I got rid of the Halloween chocolate things have gone pretty well. Hopefully someday I'll learn to deal with candy and chocolate, but for right now I think my best course is to just stay away from it.

Now I'm gearing up for the holidays, starting with Thanksgiving. I love the holiday season and all the good feelings that come with it, but without fail, every year, I end up feeling terrible--fat and bloated-- and I gain several pounds. I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT THIS YEAR!! I'm not sure what my plan of attack is yet, but I'm working on it.

I think Thanksgiving will be easier than usual for several reasons this year.

1) Ben's not here, so there's less to celebrate.

2) I won't be cooking.

3) Since I'm not cooking there won't be any leftover pie or heavy casseroles to eat up my points.

4) Thanksgiving is on Thursday. That's the day before my weigh-in so I'm always more aware of how I eat that day. I don't want to ruin the whole week for just one meal.

5) I have come so far, I'm not willing to lose my momentum now--holidays or not. I'm determined to enjoy the day and the meal and to stay on plan.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a good week! I think that the plan to keep the candy and chocolate away is a great one! I know some people say they just don't eat any at all because they know they'll go overboard and others say they have just a little each day so they feel satisfied. My problem is I hate not having any and I don't have the self control to just have 'a little'. Gotta work on that. But, I'm glad you've got it all figured out! Great job!

Micaela said...

Yay!! That's awesome! We were just thinking last night that we should see if you wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner with us, but it looks like you have some plans already? Besides, although Phil cooks really well, he's not as gourmet as you are! The last couple of Thanksgiving turkeys have been the best!! :)