Friday, July 18, 2008

What the #!@#@$!!??

I don't really want to post this week. What a downer. I worked so hard this week . . . I even did double workouts on three days for a total of 66 activity points and when I got on that scale this morning I had gained .2 lbs. Huh??

I can't believe it. It got me so down I didn't even have the heart to participate in the meeting. I just sat there like a lump. After the meeting I got up to walk out and Nancy said hi and asked if I was okay. Great. Does that ever happen to anyone else? When you're barely keeping it together and someone asks you if you're okay? What happens? You start to bawl like a five-year-old! Which is just what I did. Thank goodness most of the people had left!

I explained what had happened and she empathized with me. We had a nice talk (even though I was blubbering the whole time!) and she reminded me to look at the big picture and remember all the off-scale successes I have had. Here are a few:

  1. I've been going to meetings faithfully since February 16 . . . longer than any other time when I joined before, and it's the first time I haven't changed diet plans every two weeks hoping to make me lose faster.
  2. I've lost 3 (almost 4) dress sizes.
  3. I've lost more than 10 inches off my waist.
  4. I've gone from gasping for air when running to running for 22 minutes without stopping to walk (hopefully it will be longer this week!).
  5. I'm losing my double chin!
  6. I feel better.
  7. I look better.
  8. I have lost 38.2 pounds!!
In the car on the way home from the meeting I wiped my tears and resolved that I will not give up. I JUST WON'T GIVE UP!

This journey isn't just about losing weight, it's about eating right, exercising, just plain taking care of myself and my body, and it's about teaching my kids to do the same. Who cares if I didn't lose this week? I'm looking at the big picture and from there I look pretty darn good!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Good for you, Luella! I think you have done a great job so far and am a bit jealous! I just need to get off my rump (and this computer!) and do more. You are quite inspiring. Hopefully this next week you'll be happier with how things are going. But looking back, you've come so far. That's something to be happy about!

The Toronto Family said...

Inspiring! Yes you are sooo inspiring!!! I may not have the same battle, but I love reading your blog because I think the emotional root is all the same no matter what we are faced with and I love that you share yours. Keep up the amazing work! You have had so much success you have to let you body catch up with you, I'm sure this week all your hard work went to making you stronger so you could loose more. I have been told that loosing weight gets harder and harder the closer you get to your goal, SO DONT GIVE UP YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you! Your list is right on. Stay focused on that. And, I'm guessing you will see the results on the scale next week! Hang in there!

Jeannie Young said...

Way to turn your frustration around and look at all the positives! You ARE doing so great. I think what you said about being healthy and teaching your kids is so true. Of course the weight loss is a big goal, but even if you don't see a loss each week you have implemented healthy habits that will give you and your family a better quality of life now and down the road. Way to go! I'm sure next week will be better! Love you!