Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sometimes It Just Doesn't Make Sense


Going into the weigh-in yesterday, I wasn't feeling optimistic. This last week was Ben's birthday, which means there was ice cream and cake in the house. We also had pizza one night and I had a serious run-in with the candy jar. I had prepared myself for a gain, but I was just hoping to stay the same.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I got on the scale and saw a loss of 1.8 lbs! I couldn't believe it! I ate chocolate, pizza, cake, ice cream, and all kinds of other things AND I exercised several hours less than last week, and I still got a loss. Explain that one!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the loss . . . I'm just surprised! It's really nice to know that I can go through things like birthday celebrations and still lose. It's all about being aware. That piece of cake was much smaller than it would have been had I not been paying attention. This plan is definitely something that I can do forever . . . that's nice to know.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! Who cares how you lost that 1.8 lbs amongst the cake, pizza, and stuff. You lost it and that's all that matters!

Just wondering. . . do you wear the same clothes every time you weigh in so the weight of them is not a factor?

Jeannie Young said...

Congrats! Glad you had a good weigh-in. It's funny how bodies fluctuate, so many things can affect our weight---and remember muscle weighs more than fat, so if you don't have a huge loss one week, think of it as maybe you built some extra muscle that week with all your working out!! =)

The Toronto Family said...

it's because you worked so hard to get the week before your body just nocked that junk out of you! that is what happens when you make your body strong you can have a bad day every once in a while and it will not hinder you (too bad) as you know that is the way body for life does it. As long as you stay on and keep you body a well working machine (and I know you are a machine!) you can "live a little" and not feel as guilty about it! GOOD WORK!!!!