Saturday, June 28, 2008

Persistence

I weighed in yesterday at the Weight Watchers in Provo . . . I didn't stay for the meeting, but I knew it wouldn't be the same as "my" meeting at home, so I don't feel bad about that. I am happy to report that even after the road trip, I still lost 1.6 lbs!! I was so happy . . . the feeling you get after a good weigh-in is just amazing. There's just something about hanging in there even when it's hard and proving to yourself that you can do it week after week. It's the best feeling in the world.

I know that this week will be a huge challenge. We already had Panda Express (I had to do it, they don't even have it in Nebraska!) and pizza (my personal food enemy) yesterday. I'm still within my points and I worked out hard yesterday and again this morning, so that will help. There are family parties tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Parties, with all the food just laying there calling to me are another huge pit fall for me. I'll have to enlist my husband to help me resist the temptations.

While we're here we're staying in my best friend's parents house (they're on a mission at a girls camp so they only come home once a week) and there's this saying on the wall downstairs:

"That which we persist in doing becomes easy to do; not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do has increased."

Ain't that the truth?? Each person has incalculable potential and power to change their own life and the lives of others, and hanging in there when things get tough is a huge part of that.

Everyone have a great week . . . I definitely plan to!

3 comments:

Jeannie Young said...

Way to go!! So glad you had a good weigh-in. Thanks for the great quote, it was nice to hear it again. I'm so jealous that you are at my parent's house and I am not!! By the way, I know you are on vacation and all, but could you please login to facebook and play your turn on Scrabble???? =)

Micaela said...

Way to go, Luella!! I'm hope you're having a blast on your trip!

Micaela said...

Well, I meant I not I'm... Anyway, hope you're having fun!