Monday, June 9, 2008

Black Bean Brownies

Yes, you read that right. Black Bean Brownies. This is not your typical "I'll-substitute-something to-take-the-place-of-fat, and-even-though-they-won't-taste-good, I'll-still-eat-them-because-
they'll-be-low-in-points" kind of recipe. You really can't taste the black beans. Really.

Here's a little proof of the tastiness of this recipe:










My kids love these brownies, and they have no idea that they're made with a can of black beans instead of water, oil and eggs! If a three and a five-year-old will eat them, anyone will! These brownies are near the top of the list of recipes I have discovered since starting Weight Watchers.

Black Bean Brownies

1 box low-fat brownie mix (I use the Betty Crocker brand, 13X9 family size--get it at Walmart)
1 can black beans

Do not rinse or drain the black beans (I know, I know... just trust me). Pour beans and juice into a food processor and puree until smooth. I'm sure a blender would work fine too. In a large bowl, combine the beans with the brownie mix, stir until combined. Spray a 13X9 pan with cooking spray and pour in the brownie mix. Add 10-12 minutes to the cooking time on the box. Mine usually cook for a total of about 37 minutes. Let cool, cut and enjoy.

You can cut the pan into 18 squares or 20--both work out to 2 Points per square. It is a pretty good sized brownie--especially when brownies are usually 5 points or more.

1 comment:

Micaela said...

Wow! I've got to try that! Thanks for posting the recipe.