Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pancakes!

I just realized that a recipe I mentioned in my meeting last week isn't on the blog! We were talking about breakfast ideas and I talked about Gingerbread Pancakes. They are so delicious, you don't even need syrup. My kids chow them down. They're good any time of year, but especially so around the holidays. We had them last year on Christmas morning and they were a big hit!

Gingerbread Pancakes

1 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 T sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 c molasses
1 T vegetable oil
Cooking spray

Combine flour, baking powder and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
Combine egg and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl, mix well. Add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Each pancake is about 1/4 cup batter.

I always double this recipe, sometimes even triple it. They keep well in the fridge and make great snacks. Also, if you don't have buttermilk, which I never do, just add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to 1% milk and it works just the same.

Bon appétit!

No comments: