Monday, April 6, 2009

BODY FOR LIFE!


Anybody out there up for a challenge? If you've seen or read anything about Body-for-Life, you know what I mean when I say challenge! I've had this book by Bill Phillips for years, I've even started the challenge several times but quit after a few weeks.


This time, I am ready!


I've done well with my weight loss, down almost 70 pounds, but I am really needing some inspiration to move forward with my goals. And I think Body-for-Life is it!


The challenge is 12 weeks long and includes workout plans and eating guidelines. It is very simple, but it takes commitment... and it is a definite challenge!


The workouts include intense strength training three days a week, high-intensity interval cardio 3 days a week, and a rest day the seventh. The good thing is these workouts aren't very long... about 45 minutes for strength and 20 minutes for cardio. It doesn't seem like a lot, but if you do it right, you will see results.
As far as eating goes, you have 5-6 small meals per day instead of 3 squares. Each meal consists of one portion of lean protein and one portion of carbohydrate, plus you add vegetables to two meals per day. It's a simple plan, really.
I'm excited about it because I really want to learn to feed my body with good, healthy food instead of feeding my emotions. I have lost a lot of weight, but I don't feel like I have really overcome emotional eating. I'm hoping that committing to this plan and sticking to it will help with that.
You can enter the challenge online at www.bodyforlife.com. Challenges run year-round and winners can receive up to $25,000! Wouldn't that be great!?!
I've read the book, I've taken some before pictures (I don't have the guts to post them yet! You'll have to wait until the after!), and I am ready.
Who's with me??

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You are georgous girl!!!!! I love the pictures of you. I am up for the challenge. My goal is to tone up all the baby flab.

Tami Haws said...

I'm not sure if you remember me that well. Tami Offret we were old nieghbors. My mom was Joann and sister Tonya. Anyway I have been struggling to lose weight and it's a work in progress everyday. I gained a lot of weight with my second kid and with my diabetes that I have had since I was 3 has started catching up with me and caused me to gain weigt as well. I"m always looking for motivation and I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog from time to time. Your before and after is amazing you look great. Congrats on the hard work.

Micaela said...

That's awesome, Luella! I can't wait to see and hear about the results! :)

The Toronto Family said...

I will I will!!! really I need this!!!

I will email you-