Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally!

Finally the scale was nice to me this week! I had a loss of 1.4 lbs, which I'm very happy with. It wasn't huge, but I've had to learn over and over that this journey is "baby steps" not leaps and bounds (think Bill Murray in "What About Bob").

If I get too impatient, I start stressing out about small losses and plateaus and it makes me freak out! I start wondering what I'm doing wrong and how I can speed up the process. I keep having to remind myself (over and over!) that I'm not doing ANYTHING wrong, I'm just living! There was no way I was going to pass on the homemade clam chowder this week, I just tried not to eat 2 quarts of it.

Anyway, hopefully I'm over the set-backs that have plagued me the past few weeks. I'm back down to my lowest weight and I'm going to work hard for a loss this week--however big or small!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great job this week! I was listening to someone on the t.v. talking about the financial situation our country is in right now. They said that it took our country so many years to get into this mess, it is going to take more than a couple of months to get out of it. I would say the same thing is with weight. I've put on a bunch of weight in the last 7 years (since having kids!) and I know it's not going to come off easy and right away. It is going to take time. And that's okay. Just as long as you keep going in the right direction (for the most part, anyway). :)