Friday, June 13, 2008

That was the best meeting!

What a great WW meeting this morning! (Except for the fact that I had to take Carli and Sammy. I try really hard to always have a babysitter, but this morning I just had no choice.)
Here are some of the reasons why this meeting was so good:

  1. My leader, Nancy, is so cool. I just love her. I have been on WW off and on for 10+ years now, sometimes joining meetings, sometimes just trying it on my own. Of the three places I actually joined, this one is the best. I tried out several different meetings in California and I just didn't find a leader who I felt really cared. This time has been very different... The second week when I walked through the door, Nancy was standing there and said, "Hi Luella!" I couldn't believe that she remembered my name after only one week, and it made me feel like she really cared. Nancy is one of those people who can make everyone in the room feel special. Love her!
  2. The people in the meeting are just awesome! One lady (Anne?) had lost over 40 pounds today... what an accomplishment! Others are just starting out, or somewhere in the middle, and there are lifers (who I really admire because they've really made it a life change--they're still coming!) There are also a couple of men in the meeting, which I really like too. One man (I don't know his name yet), is just really funny. I love whenever he makes a comment. On the way out of the meeting today he stopped me and told me that I was an inspiration. What a nice thing to say... it totally made my day! I hope he knows and that everyone in the meeting knows that they are my inspiration! Going to that meeting week after week with people who understand my struggles is invaluable to me.
  3. I shared the website with everyone. I have talked in previous posts about how telling people that I'm on WW is empowering to me. It makes me accountable and there is a certain sense of peer pressure... If everyone knows, I will work harder to show the world that I can do it. I hope that I get some visitors from the meeting (If you do visit, please leave a comment so I know you were here!).
  4. Great ideas today! Nancy gave an idea for the WW smoothies (which were on sale today). One vanilla smoothie packet, one cup milk (or almond milk is what she uses), 1/2 c pumpkin, dash of cinnamon. More of a winter taste, but I love pumpkin anytime! Another idea was a fruit smoothie with "Naked" brand juice. One serving of juice, one WW yogurt, bunch of ice, blend up and enjoy for only three points. Sounds good with the weather right now!
  5. I got clapped for! I lost 1.8 lbs today and met the 25 lb mark. That's down 26.4 at WW and 37.6 lbs lost total. I'm so proud of myself.


Oh, one more thing. My leader asked about the picture of me on the blog... asked if it was a before picture. That got me thinking that I should post a before picture (even though I really don't want to!) I do love to see before and afters though, so I'm going to do it anyway. This is "before" and "current". The "After" picture is still to come! (left 01/03/08, right 06/13/08)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your blog today! I've got you bookmarked! Congrats on your 25 lbs today!