Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hoping to get clapped for tomorrow...

Anyone who has attended Weight Watchers meetings knows that it's all about support... it's about sitting in a room with a bunch of other people who know exactly how you feel and who have the same struggles you do. Even the leaders and receptionists have all lost weight on the program (I love that!). So, every time you reach a milestone (every five pounds, 10%, on program16 weeks, etc), you get recognized and everyone claps for you. Two weeks ago I met my 10% and 16 weeks on the same day, so I got double clapping!

Last week I was .4 lbs away from 25 lbs gone forever... I'm really hoping to see it gone tomorrow. I've had a good week... stayed on plan, even eating less of my weekly points allowance than usual, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't feel like I have lost anything this week. Let's hope that's a fluke! We'll see tomorrow morning.

I was talking with a friend today who's thinking of joining Weight Watchers. She's not sure about it yet...the money, a vacation coming up, etc. I told her there will always be something coming up. It's been 10 years since the first time I did Weight Watchers, and for ten years, there has always been something--some reason to stop following the plan, some excuse to stop exercising, just something that keeps me from my goals. NO MORE. I am so committed this time. I'm just going to keep doing it until I reach my goals, and then I'm going to keep doing it after that! I feel very empowered this time, I'm just not going to let any excuse get in the way. There will be weeks that don't go so well, but that's life. Just try harder the next week and keep on trying, and it will work. It doesn't have to be fast (something I have to tell myself every day!).

One thing that has helped me immensely this time: Telling anyone and everyone that I'm on Weight Watchers . . . being proud of myself . . . and not worrying about what anyone else thinks of me. It took me a long time to get to that point, but I'm there and it's helping me get to where I want to be!

To my friend: You can do it. You are worth it. Don't ever forget it.

1 comment:

Jeannie Young said...

Okay, I already knew you were totally awesome, but now you've really driven it home! I think it is so great that you have this blog. I'm loving the recipes (as soon as I can get my printer to work I'm going to print some off!) You are very motivating, keep it up you are doing great!