Friday, June 20, 2008

TGIF!!!

I love Fridays! I look forward to Friday all week, and not because it's the weekend, but because it's my meeting day! It's just a great feeling knowing that I have stayed on plan all week long, that I feel good, that I look good, and that I'll probably have a loss. It's even better to know that if I don't have a loss, it's not the end of the world . . . that I'll just have to wait until next week.

Good news today: I lost 1.4 lbs! I was very happy, but I'm kind of amazed that going to the meetings each week is becoming about more than the numbers on the scale. I go to weigh in, of course, but also just to feel the camaraderie of people who understand. It's always great to feel that you are among friends.

Today we talked about lots of food ideas; I learned that Thomas's makes a 1-pt english muffin (I'm definitely going to find those!), and that Panera bread has a great Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad for only 3 points! I guess I'll have to give Panera a try since I've never been there.

We talked about "detours", and how weight-loss is like a road trip. You sometimes have to veer from the original plan, but if you follow the signs and keep on going, you'll eventually reach the same destination. Quite an ironic topic for me, since we're going on vacation next Wednesday. A road trip to Utah . . . I have been quite nervous about it, but I'm gaining confidence. I know that I can make good choices, and I know that I'll be able to have treats too! It's great to have a lifestyle that is so flexible. I'll be attending the next two meetings in Utah, I hope they're as motivating as the ones here.

P.S. My husband gets home from his deployment tomorrow... Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

The Toronto Family said...

I love Panera!!! it is one of my favorite places!!! although I'm sure everything I have had there are way more then 3 pts. Also on my blog there is a link to my other blog that has scrapbook pages, crafts I do and recepies that I have created or that I love and most of them are healthy. My mom is big into WW and she uses a lot of my stuff, although sometimes she has to adapt it a bit. I do have a good poppy seed salad that is very good. GOOD LUCK and stay strong!!!