Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Wow... I've sure been lax on the blog lately! I have been so busy lately, the blog was one of the first things to go! I definitely have some updating to do!

Last month I celebrated two anniversaries: My 31st birthday, and my one year anniversary with Weight Watchers. My birthday was on the 15th and my WW anniversary was on the 16th. (Remember? Last year when I turned 30 I decided I was tired of being overweight and I was going to do something about it... for good this time!)

I am SO happy that I made that decision! I can't believe what a difference it has made for me! I was happy before--and I think it is important to point that out. Never at any time did my weight dictate my feelings about life in general. I have always known that I am important and valuable, no matter what my weight--and I hope that everyone feels that way. Weight is not the most important thing in life--that's for sure! However, for me, it was something that always bothered me and something that I really wanted to change.

I feel much more confident, less stressed, less worried about myself and how I look, and more able to give to those around me. In fact, this journey has even led me a to a job that I never thought I could have--Group Fitness Instructor! I was recently hired at a corporate fitness company called Fit in the City. I have always loved fitness and working out, but I never really thought I could be a part of the industry because I was overweight. I haven't reached my final weight goal, but I feel confident in my abilities to teach and I know that this job will help me to reach those goals. And most importantly, it's fun! What's better than getting paid to work out???

I am loving the changes in my body as well. I am starting to see definition in my arms (I can do REAL push-ups!) and some definite changes in my thighs (weight training is paying off!). It makes me feel really good that I have been able to follow through with my decision to change. I love being a healthy person!

3 comments:

Jeannie Young said...

I'm "homesick" for you after seeing the picture of you at my house!! We miss you around here. Congrats again on getting the group fitness instructor job, I'm so happy for you! You give me motivation to get myself moving and get back into teaching again too! Love you!

The Toronto Family said...

YEA!!!!!! you!!!! happy birthday and happy Anniverary!!!

TerriLyn said...

You look awesome Luella! Congratulations on your anniversaries. Happy Birthday. Love ya!